Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We tricked daddy!

Sent this picture to Johnny without a caption.  



This may in fact be the most unflattering photo I've ever taken of him.


About thirty minutes later, I got a frantic call from him, asking if we were at the dentist and, "How is Lincoln? What exactly happened?"  Momentarily confused, I erupted into tearful laughter, realizing the reason for his call.  I explained that he had NOT in fact bit the concrete, but only into a piece of Panda Licorice.  After a few seconds of silence, he exuberantly scolded me then joined me in my laughter, grouchy for leading him on, as he was tremendously concerned that Lincoln was currently having his baby teeth pulled or something more severe.  I loved that I unintentionally tricked the trickster, especially since he's always the calm headed one, telling them to "shake it off."  He exclaimed, "He didn't look puffy, tear stained or anything! I thought, 'Wow! He's being so brave!' GAH! My blood pressure is still SO high!!"  We both got a good laugh over this one.

   

No comments: