Friday, March 7, 2014

You're my best!

The English language is hard. I get it. The boys have recently been confusing "favorite" and "best." Watching a film: "Oh this is my best scene." Hudson: "Oh FANK you Wincoln. You're my best!" or "Oh mom, I wuv you. You're my best fwiend, aaaand guppy's my best fwiend, aaaand gramma's my best fwiend!"

I tell each of them that they are my favorite. I have a lot of favorites. Their big beaming eyes immediately fill with joy and they get an extra boost of enthusiasm in their actions. A common love language they share is definitely words of affirmation. 

I just told Hudson he was doing a great job at something. "I am?? Woohoo! Am I your best??" Usually, the etymology goes uncorrected, as I find their little quirks endearing.

This week we are memorizing Colossians 3:23-24. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

It's great having a Bible verse that makes parenting more fun. Always do your best, do it for God! We are His best scene. ;)

No comments: