Thursday, May 1, 2014

9 years

My heart beats to the tempo of jazz. Music is in my blood. Every early memory has a soundtrack. Maybe it's because I grew up with the most gifted pianist I've ever known, and my childhood bedroom shared a wall with the piano. Maybe because my mom has the vocal silkiness of some of the best jazz singers who ever lived. We often jammed and worked out 3 part melodies, while my sister played stand-up base. Maybe because I played cornet for 7 years. Maybe because Mr. Vigus, my elementary school band teacher strengthened and nurtured my skills as a musician and gave me a love for jazz band! Maybe because I did musical theater and studied jazz and tap dance. Music is in my blood, my soul. No wonder I married a drummer 9 years ago today!! We bought this cd on our honeymoon so naturally we've been listening to it. All. Day! 


No comments: