Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Permanent Kisses

I haven't really been documenting the funny things the kids say lately, but every once in awhile I hear something I don't ever want to forget!!!

Dixie got an owie and Hudson pipes in.
H: "Dixie let me kiss it."
D: "No."
H: "Fine, but my kisses make it heal."

Not even 10 minutes later, we are getting in the car. He picked up a piece of paper and proceeded to study it aloud.

H: "Hmm...ok this one says 'When Dixie grows up, she's going to be married to Hudson James." (He sees me) "I'm just kidding. I can't read."
D: giggles hysterically.

Speaking of Hudson and the power of kisses, he pretty much comes in every night after we've tucked him in, and between sobs he whimpers, "Mom. I wiped that kiss off! Can I please have another?" I can't leave the house without giving him like 17 smooches. It must be delivered just right. Heaven forbid I don't get both lips equally. "No. That was only the bottom lip!"

I've started telling him that when I kiss him with lipgloss on, it makes it permanent. That doesn't stop him from confirming, "Was that a permanent kiss?"

Photo cred: Dixie age 2.

No comments: