Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthday Planning

So, Lincoln will be turning one (I'm writing this but still don't believe it) on November 9th.  We're celebrating with a big family party and I really need to start planning.  

I didn't have any specific theme until my sister in law suggested a monkey theme!  Fitting for him; if he were to be any animal, it would be monkey.  Not only does he love bananas, but he's most happy when he's being swung around, upside down...and he's definitely a climber.  She told me about some cupcakes she saw at another monkey-themed party.



Directions:

Make chocolate cupcakes

Frost with chocolate icing

Apply nilla wafers (top trimmed off) as mouth

Apply mini nilla wafers (trimmed) as ears

Either frosting or cheerios work as eyes



So really, that's all I have planned so far.  What's left...decorations, games, food, what to wear...I guess I should really get started!  Only 23 days!!  I love party planning.

1 comment: