Monday, April 7, 2014

Discovering your children's love language.

This weekend, I was talking to a dear friend about how some of my kids love languages are much easier to recognize than the others. She asked me about Lincoln's and I really had to think about it. First born, first year in school. At lot of changes have affected him this year. It's been a bit harder for us to connect. We used to have regular dates, but with each sibling we add to the mix, our special one on one time has been rare. Not cool.


This afternoon, he was playing quietly outside while the others were napping. I finally had a 2 hour window, perfect to finish laundry, prep for dinner, and cross out several chores that have been piling up. As I looked out the window, I saw him sitting quietly on trampoline, enjoying his snack in the sunshine. My heart filled with joy and jealousy. Without hesitation, I sprinted out to him. He bounced me on the trampoline, we cuddled, giggled and he filled me in about his day. I love hearing his stories about kindergarten...I hope this becomes a regular after school date.


Quality time. This is his language.



View from the trampoline, little boy in my arms.

No comments: