Sunday, November 2, 2014

Dinovember

I wish I could say this is an original idea, but alas, there are no more original ideas these days. It is, however an 11 month anticipation of magic and awe. 

My kids don't believe in Santa. We don't do the "Elf on a shelf" thing. Our goal in December, is to keep our focus on Jesus' birth and the celebration that comes from his life. 

Last year, my sister showed me a blog post about Dinovember and I knew we had to do it! Lincoln is turning 7 next week and I am clinging to his innocence and naivety as long as I can. To my surprise, Dinovember has made his eyes sparkle in wonder at the thought of their dinosaurs coming to life and getting into mischief while they are asleep. They were, after all, warned last Christmas.


November came, we all knew that something would happen, we just didn't know WHAT! To our surprise...


If you look closely, those naughty dinosaurs colored ON the table. I was expecting to hear whispers of "Oh no. Moms is going to be sooo upset!!" But instead, the following morning Boone immediately said with a smile "it's ok mom. I'll clean it up for them." 



Lincoln insisted that one of the dinosaurs tails looked different, so he must have frozen in a different position. I love that as a now SEVEN year old, he's so into this! He's star player in 1st grade and informed us that he's bringing the magic dinosaurs to show and tell.


They picked up some new surprise "cousins" along the way! 



No comments: