Monday, January 16, 2012

Let's catch up...

I've been very behind on my blogging but I recently found a few notes I've jotted down. Here are a few highlights from the past few months.

Sometime in October: I allowed the boys to pick out a movie to watch after their naps today while I got dinner ready. Lincoln wanted to watch "real people Peter Pan" on Netflix, however Boone wanted Veggie Tales. I said, "Ok, Boone, how about a compromise?" Boone: "YES! I wanna watch Compromise!" Lincoln: "Noo! I don't like that movie. Mom, I REALLY don't wanna watch Compromise."


We always joke the Boone talks like Elmer Fudd, which gave me the idea.


Most kids, before jumping off the cliff (bed) into the water (carpet) count "1, 2, 3"...not Boone. I think he feels bad for the other numbers. What I hear is "FOUR, FIVE, SIX!! Splash!!"

I often tell each of my boys that they "are my favorite {insert name}." Boone just crawled into my lap, looked up at me dearly, smiled and sighed, "Mom, you're my favorite Boone in the whole world." 

Lincoln told me he really wants to go on a plane. I asked him where he'd like to go on the plane. "Um...to Home Depot."


On the counter, helping make Link's Birthday breakfast

Mint chocolate chip pancakes (his birthday breakfast request)



11/09/11: Hey! Who's brilliant idea was it to schedule a 4 year old's check up on his actual birthday? Oh, right...mine. Happy Birthday, have three shots! But, he was so brave and didn't even cry. I'm even more proud that we got his weight up to the 25th %tile! Hudson is 4 months today and a whopping 11lbs 5oz. I love my "little" men. After Lincoln received his shots, Boone, who was just a tagalong that day, climbed into the chair, lifted his sleeve and proclaimed "MY turn!" I informed him he wasn't getting any shots today. Brows furrowed, lower lip began to quiver, and he began sobbing. "But mom, I reawy want my shots...just wike Wincoln did! Pweeease?"



Notice the socks?


With the ammount of "Why?" questions I hear each day, I realize I could save myself lots of time and just skip ahead and give him a final, sometimes exaggerated reason.  E.g. Lincoln isn't a big eater. Over this past year we have had many discussions about why nutrition is so important and that we must continue to eat daily. My side of the dialogue is usually something to the effect of, "Because if you don't eat, your body won't grow." "Because then you'll never outgrow your carseat." "Because food is important to keep us strong and healthy." "Because I don't want to take you to the hospital!!!" "Because I don't want them to stick a big iv needle in your arm." "BECAUSE IT'LL HURT!" "sigh...Because if they don't you might starve!" "Because then you could die!!" He usually gives up there.  

Lincoln, being a sometimes bossy, big brother, was informing Boone that he needed to finish his post nap snack of cheese and crackers "or else...(sigh)...you will die!!" Sure, THESE things sink in.


Thanksgiving: Boone wanted "baby Moses" from the nativity to watch the Chinese checkers game.


Late November: Papa is laying on the floor next to baby Hudson who is laying on a blanket. Lincoln walks up, lays down next to them both, places his head on Hudson's belly and whispers "Oh my precious baby."

12/9/11:  Lincoln: Mom, little girls don't have babies in their bellies because if they did, it'd be too heavy for them and they'd just fall over.


The boys slept over at Guppy and Papas on my birthday eve. When we came the next morning
to meet them for breakfast, they greeted me with a very exuberant "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

12/17/11:  I asked Lincoln to please bring me a clean diaper for Hudson. He did it so quickly and obediently. I looked at him with much adoration and exclaimed, "Wow! What an obedient attitude! I am so proud of you! What a wonderful helper." He looked at me with a big closed lipped smile, tilted his head and took a gentleman's bow (one arm behind and one in front.)


"Ice skating" with daddy at the rink his company built.


1/4/12:  I just told Lincoln he needed to hurry so please "Hustle your bustle. Wait, boys don't wear bustles. Nevermind." He responded, "Nope, but I sure can hustle my MUSCLES!"

1/9/12:  The boys were being mischievous and when I turned around to asked "Who did that? You know better." Boone looked at me shamefully and Lincoln quickly explained, "No mom. It wasn't me, it was Boone (points at Boone). This guy right here (pats Boone's shoulder.)"


Someone got big boy underwear! 1-12-12


Whenever Hudson is doing something cute Boone shouts "Mom! Come quick! Wook at your baby! He's so cute! Uh oh! Bay Husson dwipped (spit up)!  Eww, he dwipped awot."

Hudson 6 months old! Little peanut is not quite 14 lbs yet.

No comments: